We've been on the house hunt for a while now, so my mind is always on all things "home." So, for this month's blog post, I thought it was only fitting to share some ideas to make your home sustainable. Comment below one thing you do to have a sustainable home. It could inspire someone else!
1) Compost -What? Eggshells, coffee grounds, fruits and veg, tea bags, and a whole lot more. Why? It enriches your soil, lowers your carbon footprint, and, again, a whole lot more.
2) Shop at your local farmer's market -We love to #ShopIrish! See if your town has a local farmers market here. You can also purchase farm-fresh eggs from a neighbor or coworker.
3) Switch from paper towels to a reusable rag -Bonus idea: Get a basket to leave in your laundry room for these reusable rags so you can wash them all together. Thanks for that idea, TikTok.
4) Plant native plants-Check with your local garden center if you're unsure what would be best!
5) Select appliances with high energy efficient ratings -Use LED lights, energy-efficient washers, etc. Happy upgrading!
6) Install a rainwater collector -Great to use for watering your plants and garden.
7) Shop smart-Hello, CRANN!
And the list goes on. We can do so many little things around and in our homes to live a more sustainable life. If you feel overwhelmed, start with the shopping option. It's one of my favorites. ;-)
See you next time!
Xo, Catie Beth