Ahh the infamous blue light blocking glasses, but just what is blue light, and why do I want glasses to block it?
Blue light is everywhere, it's emitted naturally by the sun and is an important part of maintaining our health and well-being, helping to wake our systems and maintain an alert state. I know what you're thinking, why would I want to block it then, it seems helpful? Interesting points, yes that's correct! However, blue light is also emitted from laptops, computers, and even some lightbulbs. As we increase our usage of these products, we also increase our exposure to blue light. Just like the sun's blue light, the blue light emitted from our technology also affects our body's signals to stay awake and as a result, many people have difficulty falling asleep, get headaches, and see other adverse health effects.
Enter Blue Light Blocking Glasses and the 7 Benefits to Using Them.
- Reduced Eye Strain and Headaches - Our eyes can be strained from the constant blue light, by filtering this light out, the glasses actually help to increase the amount of time you can look at screens without feeling the effects of eye strain, like headaches.
- Improved Sleep - Blocking the unnatural blue light allows our body to follow the natural wake-sleep rhythm that the sun's blue light helps us to maintain. Ultimately this helps you to fall asleep faster and wake up feeling more rested.
- Combats the Early Onset of Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) - As humans, we're always looking for ways to improve our health beyond our years, so why should our eyes be any different?! Consistent blue light exposure wears down your eyes and as a result, can increase the onset of certain symptoms like blurry vision. Luckily, blue light blocking glasses can fight against this and reduce the amount of added wear, decreasing the onset and symptoms of AMD.
- Enhanced Focus - If you do most of your work on the computer, you've probably noticed by end-of-day, your thoughts are all over the place and struggle to complete even the simplest of computer tasks. Blue light blocking glasses help throughout the day, working to minimize the strain caused by blue light, resulting in enhanced focus when you need it most.
- Boost Productivity - Have you ever tried to be productive when you can't focus and your eyes are tired? Usually, it doesn't go well, but by blocking the blue light we can actually reduce the symptoms that impact our productivity, solving the problem at its source.
- Reduced Screen Fatigue - The glasses' ability to block blue light works just like sunscreen does in allowing you to stay out in the sun without getting burnt. While wearing blue light blocking glasses you can work confidently knowing any fatigue you do feel is probably due to your lack of caffeine consumption and not your eye strain!
- Use Your Devices Longer - While it's generally recommended we aim to use our devices less, we all know the reality is there is always that extra email to be sent or that burning question you need answering. With the addition of blue light blocking glasses, you can use your devices closer to bedtime without the concern of impacting your sleep cycle.