I love living in Kilkenny for many reasons. One of them being all of the gorgeous areas around - including the walks/hikes. Months before we got our puppy, Otto, I would always complain and say things like, “Wouldn’t this walk be so much more fun if we had a cute puppy?” The verdict is in...they are more fun.
Below are my top five walks in Kilkenny! Comment below how many you have done.
1) Woodstock Gardens -
- One of my favorites! Fabulous views, gorgeous gardens, and so much to see. You have to check out the Monkey Puzzle Avenue and the Giant Redwood (solely because I love reminiscing on my Cali trip). Woodstock is located in Inistioge and €5 per car to enter.
2) Mountain Loop Walk -
- Another gorgeous walk! This walk was one of our first ventures beyond 5km, so it was like paradise. I would definitely go back.
3) Jenkinstown Park -
- The ultimate dog-watching spot. It’s enclosed in the walls of an old estate and has some beautiful country views.
4) Castle Park -
- Because you can’t come to Kilkenny and not go to the castle! Walk around the park and end your day with a picnic on the lawn
5) Nore Valley Walk -
- This one is on my list! It’s a long trail connecting Kilkenny to Bennettsbridge.
Don’t forget to pack your favorite CRANN sunnies on your next adventure!